Follow the below steps to prepare apple halwa. This is a little twist in the normal halwa. Normally halwa is prepared with carrot, but today we will make halwa using apples.
Let me know how apple halwa turned out for you in comments section.
Do share the recipe if you like it.
Details about apple halwa
- Serving – 2 people
- Cuisine – Indian
- Course – Sweet
- Time to cook – 20 minutes
Ingredients used for apple halwa
- Around 2 big apples
- 1 1/2 tbsp. sugar (reduce as per apples sweetness)
- 2 tbsp. ghee (clarified butter)
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. green cardamom powder (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp. almonds
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup condensed milk
Steps to prepare apple halwa
- Wash and peel the apples, remove the core.
- In a mixer grinder, add all the apples and make a rough puree out of it. Alternatively use you grate the apples.
- In a frying pan, add 2 tbsp. ghee and heat it. Once it is heated, add 1-2 tbsp. broken almonds.
- Fry them for a minute or two. Keep them aside.
- In the same pan, add the apples and cook them till the water evaporates.
- Add 1 & 1/2 tbsp. sugar to the mixture and cook it for 5-6 minutes. Also add 1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder & 1/4 tsp. green cardamom powder along with sugar, if you are using it.
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup condensed milk.
- Stir continuously till all the water evaporated, as the sugar will liquefy.
- After the halwa is completely cooked, it separates from the pan and form a cohesive mixture.
- This is the time to remove the halwa from the pan & fried almonds from above.
- Serve hot or chilled.
- Adjust the sugar level as per the sweetness of apples.
- Halwa can be stored for 2-3 days in refrigerator in air tight container. Just warm the halwa before serving.