Besan Ladoo – Follow the below steps to prepare besan ladoo’s. Sweets are shared among the loved ones during festivities or during happy occasions. Besan ladoo is a one popular sweet consumed during such times. There are two ways to start preparing besan ladoo. First one is to dry roast the besan & then add ghee to it. Other one is to add ghee first, melt it & then add besan to it. I prefer the second one as it is a little quicker to make, and chances of besan burning is a little less.
Let me know how besan ladoo’s turned out for you in comments section.
Do share the recipe if you like it.
Details about besan ladoo
- Serving – Around 6 ladoo’s
- Cuisine – Indian
- Course – Dessert
- Time to cook – 30 minutes.
Ingredients for besan ladoo
- 1 cups besan – gram flour
- 1/4 cup ghee (clarified butter)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 powdered green cardamom
- 2 tbsp. of crushed dry fruits of your choice
- Raisins for garnishing
Steps to prepare besan ladoo
- In a roasting pan, take 1/4 cup of ghee (clarified butter) & heat it on low flame.
- Once the ghee is hot enough, add 2 tbsp. of crushed dry fruits & fry them till they are done. I have used cashews in this recipe.
- Remove the dry fruits in a dish & keep aside. Use the same pan & ghee to roast the besan.
- Add 1 cup besan (gram flour)to the ghee, while gas on lower flame.
- Mix continuously till the besan is cooked.
- You will start to feel the raw aroma of besan turning into nutty fragrance. This means that the besan is cooked. Remove from the flame after 1-2 minutes
- Add 1/2 cup of powdered sugar & powdered green cardamom and mix well with a spatula, till the sugar is completely absorbed in the mixture.
- Give a taste test to check for sugar level.
- Let the mixture comes to room temperature.
- Once the mixture is easy to handle, prepare ladoo’s out of the mixture.
- Garnish the ladoo’s with raisin on top.
- You can keep the ladoo’s in refrigerator for a week in air tight container.
- If the ladoo’s break while forming, keep the mixture in the fridge for 20-30 minutes, which will solidify the mixture & help to form round shaped ladoo’s later on.