Birista – Follow the below steps to prepare perfectly crispy birista. Birista is nothing but fried onions which can be had as a quick snack or a topping over biryanis, pulaos or any curries.
Other side dishes you may try –
Let me know how birista turned out for you in comments section.
Do share the recipe if you like it.
- Serving – 3-4 people
- Cuisine – Indian
- Course – Side
- Time to cook – 15 minutes
- 3 medium sized onions
- Oil for frying
- Cut the onions. Do not cut them finely.
- Pat dry the onions to remove any moisture.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium heat. We need to deep fry the onions.
- Once the oil is heated, drop the sliced onions in the oil & fry them till they are more than light brown in color.
- Remove the onions from the oil & drain the oil.
- Use a tissue paper to soak up any extra oil.
- Spread the fried onions on a big paper or a dish. Let them cool and you have your crispy birista ready.
- Use birista in biryanis or pulaos.
- You can store them in freezer in air tight container for a week.