Bread Pizza – Follow the below steps to prepare bread pizza. Its a very good alternative instead of regular pizza which involves preparing the dough, requiring lot of time. Bread pizza does not require to be planned ahead as toasted bread is used as a base for all the toppings which are similar to regular pizza.
Other snacks recipes you can try –
Let me know how your bread pizza turned out in comments section.
Do share the recipe if you like it.
Details about bread pizza
- Serving – 4 bread pizzas
- Cuisine – Global
- Course – Snacks
- Time to cook – 15 minutes
Ingredients required for bread pizza
- 4 bread slices
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup corn kernel
- 1 small capsicum finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 2 tbsp. cheese spread
- 5-6 tbsp. pizza sauce
- Some green or black olives
- 4-5 jalapenos
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese or as required
- Some chilli flakes
Steps required to prepare bread pizza
- In a bowl, mix 1 onion chopped, 1 capsicum chopped, 1/4 cup corn kernel, 1 tsp. oregano, 2 tbsp. cheese spread and some salt. Keep aside.
- Heat a pan on low heat and toast the bread slices on one side.
- On the toasted side of the bread, spread 1 -1 1/2 tbsp. of pizza sauce.
- Use the mixture prepared in step 1 as the topping & generously spread the mixture on the bread.
- On top of the mixture, add some olives & jalapenos.
- Spread grated mozzarella cheese over the top and sprinkle some oregano & chilli flakes.
- Heat the pan again on lower heat and place the prepared bread on a pan & cover it with a lid.
- Let the bread toast for 3-4 minutes or till the cheese is completely melted.
- Alternatively, you can toast the bread in a per-heated microwave for 2-3 minutes (200C)
- Prepare the remaining bread pizzas the same way as above.
- Serve the bread pizza immediately with sauce of your liking.
- You can use normal tomato sauce instead of pizza sauce.
- If you are making these for kids, lower the amount of chilli flakes & jalapenos.
- Use brown or white bread, as per your choice.