Follow the below steps to prepare caramel custard. You will be able to make this delicious baked egg dessert without any effort by following the steps.
- Serving – 4 servings
- Course – Dessert
- Cuisine – International
- Time to make – 1 hour 30 minuses
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
Steps to prepare caramel custard
- Add 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tbsp water to a heavy bottom pan. Sugar will begin to caramalize when its cooked on low flame. It should look golden brown.
- Immediately pour the sugar mixture in 4 separate ramekins. Make sure to do it quickly as the mixture begins to solidify.
- In another pan, heat 1 1/2 cup milk with 1/3 cup sugar & 1/2 tsp vanilla essence. Once sugar is dissolved, take it off the flame and cool it.
- In the mean time, whisk 3 eggs. Once the milk is cooled, gradually add the milk to whisked eggs while continuously stirring to avoid any lumps. Sieve the mixture & pour it in 4 ramekins prepared earlier with caramel.
- Prepare a water bath and place them in a preheated oven at 150 C for 45 mins. After 45 mins, remove the ramekins & let it cool down and then put them in refrigerator till serving.
- For serving, run a knife along the edges of the ramekins and invert the bowl onto the plate. If the custard doesn’t come out, give it a slight taps on the bottom to loosen it. Serve & enjoy.
- Make sure to immediately transfer the caramel to bowls. Let the milk + sugar mixture come to room temperature before whisking in the eggs.
- Sieve the egg & milk mixture before adding it to bowls which will give a silky appearance to the custard.
- Check out other dessert recipes here – http://www.gbnrecipes.com/category/dessert/
- OTG used in this recipe – https://amzn.to/3a7SexJ
- Ramekins used – https://amzn.to/3gzFa6Dhttps://amzn.to/3gzFa6D
- GBNrecipes.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.