Cheese Balls – Follow the below steps to prepare cheese balls.
Other snacks recipes –
Let me know how cheese balls turned out for you in comments section.
Do share the recipe if you like it.
Details about cheese balls
- Serving – Approx. 10 balls
- Course – Snacks
- Cuisine – Global
- Time to cook – 2 hours (including boiling & freezing time)
Ingredients for cheese balls recipe
- 2 medium boiled potatoes
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 + 1/3 cup grated cheese
- 2 tsp. ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp. coriander powder
- Handful of coriander leaves
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 + 1/4 + 1/4 tsp. black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp. corn flour
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp. + 1/4 tsp. red chili powder
Ingredients for making slurry
- 2 tbsp. corn flour
- 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
- Water to form paste
Steps to prepare cheese balls
- Mash 2 medium sized boiled potatoes.
- To it, add 1/2 cup grated cheese, 2 tsp. ginger garlic paste, 1 tsp. each of coriander powder, chili flakes, oregano, handful of chopped coriander leaves, 2 tbsp. corn flour, 1/2 tsp. black pepper powder & salt to taste.
- Mix everything together very well.
- Keep 1/3 cup grated cheese handy.
- In a separate bowl, mix 2 tbsp. corn flour, 2 tbsp. all purpose flour, 1/4 tsp. black pepper powder, 1/4 tsp. red chili powder & some salt.
- To it add 1/3 cup water to form paste for coating to the balls which we will be preparing.
- Take another bowl & add 1 cup breadcrumbs.
- Take around 2-3 tbsp. of potato cheese mixture & flatten it out.
- At the centre add grated cheese and close the edges, so that they form a round shape.
- Repeat the process to make balls from all potato cheese mixture.
- In a separate bowl, add 2 tbsp. corn flour, 2 tbsp. all purpose flour, 1/4 tsp. black pepper powder, 1/4 tsp. red chili powder & salt.
- To it add 1/3 cup water slowly stirring continuously forming a paste.
- In another separate bowl, keep the breadcrumbs ready. To the breadcrumbs, add 1/4 tsp. black pepper powder, 1/4 tsp. red chili powder & some salt.
- Now dip the prepared ball in paste prepared & coat tit evenly.
- After that dip it in breadcrumbs.
- Again, dip the ball in paste prepared & then in breadcrumbs.
- Coating of paste & breadcrumbs to be done twice, which provide extra crunch.
- Make sure that the ball is covered evenly by breadcrumbs at the end of coating.
- Repeat the same process for all the balls prepared.
- Once all the balls are ready, freeze them for about an hour.
- Heat the oil is deep frying pan. Keep it on a medium high flame for frying.
- Once the oil is hot, drop the balls into the oil. Do not overcrowd the balls in the frying pan.
- Fry them for about 2-3 minutes or they become brown from outside.
- Drain the balls on a tissue to soak up any extra oil.
- Serve it with mayonnaise or tomato ketchup.
- Make sure you do not prepare balls of big size. Bigger size balls take longer time to cook from inside, but before cooking from inside, the outside coating turns brown & you remove the balls from oil. If you fry the balls for more time, the outside coating with burn which does not taste good & colour will turn to black.
- Season the corn flour + all purpose flour mixture and breadcrumbs.
- After removing balls from refrigerator, let them sit for about 5 minutes before frying.