Crispy Corn – Follow the below steps to prepare barbeque nation type crispy corn. This type of corn is prepared by deep frying the corn kernels and then tossing them with spices & herbs. This is a quick snack when you are entertaining some guests & don’t have time to prepare something.
Other snack recipes you can try
Let me know how crispy corn turned out for you in comments section.
Do share the recipe if you like it.
Details about crispy corn
- Serving – 2 people
- Cuisine – Global
- Course – Snacks
- Time to cook – 20 minutes
Ingredients for crispy corn
- 2 cups boiled corn kernels
- 2 tbsp. corn flour
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp. rice flour
- 1-2 tsp. water
- Oil for frying
- 1 tsp. Chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp. red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. finely chopped green onions
- 1 small onion finely chopped
Steps to prepare crispy corn
- In a bowl, mix 2 cups boiled corn kernels, 2 tbsp. corn flour & rice flour and a pinch of salt. Make sure the corn kernels are patted dry using kitchen napkin or tissues.
- Mix the above mixture very well. Make sure that flour mixture sticks to all corn kernels very well.
- If the mixture is dry & not sticking the kernels, add 1 tsp. water and mix well.
- Heat oil in frying pan to fry off the prepared corn kernels.
- Drop the corn kernels in hot oil carefully and fry them for 5-6 minutes or till the corn kernels are golden in colour. Be careful while frying the corn kernels as they may pop while frying, so you may partially cover the pan with lid.
- Remove the kernels once they are fried on kitchen tissue to drain off the remaining oil.
- Spread them out to cool off the kernels for few minutes.
- Take the warm corn kernels in a bowl and add 1 tsp. Chaat masala, 1/2 tsp. black pepper powder & 1/2 tsp. red chilli powder, 1 tbsp. lemon juice and give it a toss.
- Optionally you can also add 1 finely chopped small onion too.
- Garnish them with 2-3 tbsp. of finely chopped spring onion. Serve immediately.
- Adjust the spices accordingly.