Follow the below steps to prepare cucumber raita. Generally this is served with biryanis or pulaos or any steamed/cooked meat.
Other side dishes you may try –
Let me know how it turned out for you in comments section.
Details about cucumber raita
- Serving – 4 people
- Course – Side
- Cuisine – Indian
- Time to cook – 10 minutes
Ingredients for cucumber raita
- 2 1/2 cups yogurt (dahi)
- 2-3 medium sized cucumber chopped
- 5-6 tbsp mint leaves
- 1 tsp. red chilli powder
- 2 tsp. roasted cumin powder (jeera powder)
- 1 tsp. chaat masala
- Salt to taste
- Mint or Coriander leaves for garnish
Steps to prepare cucumber raita
- In a mixing bowl, add 2 1/2 cup of yogurt (dahi), 2-3 medium sized finely chopped cucumber, 1 tsp. red chilli powder, 1 tsp. chaat masala, 2 tsp. roasted jeera (cumin) powder, finely chopped 5-6 tbsp. of mint leaves & some salt.
- Whisk the mixture together very well.
- Do a taste test & adjust the spices as per your taste.
- At the end, garnish the it with some mint or coriander leaves.