Follow the below steps to prepare egg bhurji. This recipe is nothing but a scrambled eggs prepared in spices. Egg is a very versatile product which can be used to prepare curry, omelette, sandwich, ghotala or bhurji. I will be sharing more recipes where egg is used.
Other egg recipes –
Let me know how your egg bhurji turned out in comments section.
Do share the recipe if you like it.
Details about egg bhurji
- Serving – 4 people
- Cuisine – Indian
- Course – Main
- Time to cook – 40 minutes
Ingredients for egg bhurji
- 1 onion finely cut (3/4 cup)
- 4 tbsp. oil
- 5 green chilies finely cut
- 3 tsp. ginger garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 medium tomato (1 cup)
- 1 tsp. garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 2 tsp. red chili powder
- 5 eggs whisked
- 1/4 cup coriander finely cut
- 2 tbsp. butter
Steps to prepare egg bhurji
- Heat 4 tbsp. oil in a pan.
- Add finely cut onion when oil is heated.
- Sauté the onions till they become translucent/pink in color.
- Add salt while sautéing onions.
- Later add 5 green chilies and 3 tsp. ginger garlic paste.
- Let them fry for a minute, till the raw aroma of ginger garlic goes away.
- Add finely cut tomato now.
- Let the tomato become soft & mushy.
- Add 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder, 2 tsp. red chili powder & 1 tsp. garam masala at this stage.
- If the mixture starts sticking, add a little water.
- Meanwhile, break open 5 eggs & whisk them properly.
- Fry the mixture, till the oil separates.
- Add the whisked eggs to the mixture & continue stirring the mixture till the egg is cooked.
- At this stage, add 2tbsp. butter
- Garnish the bhurji with 1/4 cup finely cut coriander.
- Adjust the spice as per your taste.
- Serve bhurji with pav or chapatti.
- Substitute garam masala with pav bhaji masala.
Submit your review
Average rating: 0 reviews