Follow the below steps to make French fries. French fries are made by double frying the potato sticks till they are crisp and golden brown on the exterior.
- Serving – 2 people
- Cuisine – International
- Time to make – 15 mins + 1.5 hours resting time
Ingredients for french fries
- 2 potatoes
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- Oil for frying
- Salt + pepper as required
Steps to prepare french fries
- Peel the potatoes and cut them in 1/4 inch sticks. Rinse the potatoes twice and then soak them in ice cold water for 30 minutes.
- Place a vessel with about 1 litre of water and bring it to a boil. To this water, add 1 tbsp salt and 1 tbsp vinegar.
- Drop the potato sticks in the boiling water and simmer them for about 10 minutes, stirring them in between.
- After 10 minutes, remove the potato sticks from the boiling water and place them on a kitchen towel and pat them dry. Let them dry for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat up oil in a deep plan to around 170 C and fry the sticks for 1 min. Make sure to not overcrowd the pan. Divide the sticks and then fry them in batches. Set these on the power towel to drain off excess oil and leave them to cool off for 30 minutes.
- You can store these sticks in a zip lock bag for frying these at a later time in a freezer for a month.
- Heat up the same oil to 200 C now and fry the potato fries to around 4-5 minutes or till they get golden brown. As earlier, fry them in batches.
- Remove the fries in a bowl lined with paper towel & sprinkle salt and pepper till the fries are hot.
- Serve with your favorite sauce.
- Add vinegar to boiling water, as vinegar helps to strengthen the potato structure while boiling.
- Quickly sprinkle salt & pepper after sticks are fried.
- Do try other snack recipes over here – http://www.gbnrecipes.com/category/snacks/
- Frying pan used – https://amzn.to/2EJmkvL
- GBNrecipes.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.