Follow the below steps to prepare fruit custard. Its a quick dessert recipe which can be prepared quickly & tastes amazing,
Other dessert recipes –
Let me know how fruit custard turns out for you in comments section.
Do share the recipe if you like it.
Details about Fruit custard
- Serving – 4 people
- Cuisine – Indian
- Course – Dessert
- Time to cook – 15 minutes active time + 2 hours chilling time
Ingredients for fruit custard
- 3 cups full fat milk
- 3 tbsp. custard powder
- 4-5 tbsp. sugar
- 1 finely chopped banana
- 2 medium sized apples
- 1/2 cup grapes
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
Steps to prepare fruit custard
- Heat 3 cups of milk in a pan on a low flame & add 4-5 tbsp. sugar to it.
- Stir continuously so that the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, raise the flame to medium & let the milk come to gentle simmer.
- Meanwhile, take 3 tbsp. milk from the pan in a small bowl & mix 3 tbsp. custard powder.
- Mix well so that there are no lumps.
- Once the custard powder + milk mixture is ready, add that mixture to simmering milk in 3 parts while continuously stirring, so that no lumps are formed.
- Once the custard powder is mixed properly in the milk, simmer the milk till it sticks to the back of the spoon.
- It should not be very thick as while resting the custard milk, it will thicken more.
- Take the custard milk off the flame & let it cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile the milk is cooling down, finely chop 1 banana & 2 medium sized apples. Also keep grapes & pomegranate seeds ready.
- Once the milk is at room temperature, add all the fruits & keep it in refrigerator to chill.
- Serve chilled.
- Adjust sugar as per your preference.
- You can add any fruits you like, but avoid citrus fruits like oranges.
- Serve chilled.