Kurmura Recipe – Follow the below steps to prepare Kurmura. This snack can be had with tea in the afternoon, as its easy to prepare & requires less time. This is a light & healthy snack, which is perfect when you want to have something but do not want to fill up the stomach before dinner.
Other snack recipes you can try –
Do share the recipe if you like it.
Details about Kurmura
- Serving – 4 people
- Cuisine – Indian
- Course – Snacks
- Time to cook – 10 minutes
Ingredients required to prepare the dish
- 3 cup murmura/puffed rice
- 1/4 cup peanut
- 3 tbsp. oil
- 1/2 tsp. red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- Pinch of hing
- 2 dry red chili
- 7-8 curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1/2 cup sev
Steps to prepare Kurmura
- In a large pan, heat 3 tbsp. oil on a medium flame.
- Once the oil is hot enough, add 1/4 cup peanuts.
- Fry the peanuts, till they are not raw. Raw peanuts does not tastes well.
- Set aside the peanuts on kitchen tissue.
- In the same oil, add 1 tsp. mustard seed.
- Once they start crackling, add 1/2 tsp. red chili powder, 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder, pinch of hing & salt as required.
- Also add 5-6 curry leaves. Let them fry for 30 seconds.
- Immediately add 3 cups murmura & start mixing properly.
- Switch off the flame in a minute & continue mixing.
- Also add the fried peanuts and 1/2 cup sev & mix everything together very well.
- Serve immediately, when it is slightly warm.
- Serve it with hot tea as a evening snack.
- You can store it in an air tight container for about a month.