Lemon Coriander Soup – Follow the below steps to prepare lemon coriander soup. Due to presence of lemon in this juice, it is a good source of vitamin C for our body. Vitamin C is also helpful in reliving with cold & cough. Have this soup on a rainy or a cold day to cheer you up.
I have used a vegetable stock for preparing the soup as it imparts more flavours from the vegetables used while preparing the stock. I highly recommend to use vegetable stock for preparation of soups.
Let me know how your lemon coriander soup turned out for you in comments section.
Do share the recipe if you like it.
Details about lemon coriander soup
- Serving – 3-4 people
- Cuisine – Global
- Recipe type – Soup
- Time to cook – 15 minutes
Ingredients for lemon coriander soup
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped ginger
- 2-3 finely chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 chopped cabbage
- 3-4 finely chopped mushrooms (optional)
- 1/4 finely chopped coriander
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 4 cups water or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp. black pepper powder
- 3 tbsp. corn flour mixed in enough water to create slurry. I used 6 tbsp. water to make slurry
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped green onions
- Salt to taste
Steps to prepare lemon coriander soup
- On a medium flame, heat 2 tsp. oil in a deep saucepan .
- Once the oil is heated, lower the flame & add 1 tbsp. chopped garlic, 1 tbsp. chopped ginger & 2-3 chopped green chilies.
- Sauté them for a minute or two, till the raw aroma of garlic goes off.
- Now add 1/4 cup chopped onion and fry them for 2-3 minutes, they are soft & translucent.
- Add 1/4 cup cabbage & 1/4 cup carrot & fry them for 2 minutes. If you have mushrooms, you can add them now.
- After this, add salt, 4 cups water or vegetable stock & 2 tbsp. lemon juice.
- Once the soup comes to boil, add 3 tbsp. corn flour mixed in water (preparation of slurry) to thicken up the soup.
- Mix well & cook everything for 2-3 minutes till the mixture comes to boil. Taste the soup & adjust salt/lemon juice.
- At the end add 1/4 cup coriander & 1 tbsp. finely chopped green onions and cook for a minute.
- Serve immediately.
- Add the spices as per your preference.