Mashed potatoes – Follow the below steps to prepare mashed potatoes
Let me know how the potatoes turned out for you. Do share the recipe if you like it.
- Serving – 4 people
- Cuisine – International
- Time to make – 30 minutes
- 3-4 medium sized potatoes (500 grams)
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tbsp pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Parsley for garnishing
- Cut the potatoes in half and transfer them to a large pot filled with water so that entire potatoes are submerged.
- Bring it to a boil and then let it simmer for 10-12 minutes or till potatoes are soft. Drain off all the water.
- Peel them and then pass these potatoes through a fine sieve or a potato ricer or mash them using potato masher till there are no lumps.
- To the potatoes, add 4 tbsp butter at room temperature and mix till butter is completely incorporated.
- In a small saucepan, heat 1/3 cup of milk to a point of simmer & then turn off the heat.
- Gradually add the milk to the potato continuously mixing until fully incorporated.
- Add salt and pepper as per taste.
- Add more butter while serving. Garnish it with finely chopped parsley.
- You can add finely chopped garlic to potatoes for garlicky flavor.
- If you are serving this later, place the mashed potatoes in an airtight container and then before serving, let it come to room temperature and heat it up in a pan. If it’s too dry, add 1-2 tbsp milk and warm it.
- Snack recipes you can try – http://www.gbnrecipes.com/category/snacks/