Follow the below steps to prepare naan which can be served with many curry recipes.
Curry Recipes you could try –
Let me know how the naan preparation turned out for you in comments section.
So share the recipe if you like it.
Details about Naan
- Serving – 3 naan
- Cuisine – Indian
- Course – Main
- Time to cook – 10 minutes + 1 hour 15 minutes rest time
Ingredients used for naan preparation
- 1 cup maida (all purpose flour)
- Pinch of salt
- 2-3 tsp. oil
- 2/3 tsp. sugar
- 4 tbsp. warm milk
- 2/3 tsp. instant dry yeast
- Additional water of kneading
- Additional maida for dusting
Steps to prepare naan
- In a bowl, add dry mixture together i.e. 1 cup maida & pinch of salt.
- In a small bowl, mix 2/3 tsp. instant dry yeast, 2/3 tsp. sugar & 4 tbsp. warm milk. Mix it well & rest it for 10-12 minutes.
- After 10-12 minutes, a frothy mixture will be formed.
- Add the yeast and sugar mixture to maida & mix well.
- Work the mixture with hand. Add more water if the mixture is dry. Work it till it forms a smooth dough.
- Cover the dough with damp cloth & rest it for 1 hour.
- You will see that dough has doubled up. Punch the dough to release air from it & break the dough into 3 small sized dough & again cover it with damp cloth for 15 minutes.
- Once ready to cook the dough, dust the surface with some maida & roll the dough into round shape with thickness about 1/4th inch.
- While rolling you can also add some finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Heat a iron cast pan on a medium flame. Roast the naan on one side for 20 seconds.
- Flip the naan & roast it on another side for 50-60 seconds till its almost cooked.
- Remove the pan & roast the naan directly on the flame on both sides till its cooked & some charred marks appear on it.
- Remove from the heat & spread melted butter over it and serve immediately with your favorite curry.
- Use iron cast pan to cook the naan.