Oreo Kaju Katli – Follow the below steps to prepare oreo kaju katli.
Let me now how this oreo kaju katli turned for you. Do share the recipe if you like it.
- Serving – 15 katlis
- Course – Dessert
- Cuisine – Indian
- Time to make – 30 minutes
- 1 packet oreo (120 grams)
- 1 cup cashew
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. ghee (unclarified butter)
- Powder 1 cup cashew & 1 packet of oreo biscuit in a grinder. Make sure to pulse them for 5 second each time and check. Do not pulse them continuously as they leave oil and the powder will become a paste.
- In a non stick pan on low heat, add 2/3 cup sugar and 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp. water. Let the sugar dissolve completely and when the mixture begins to boil rapidly, add the powdered cashew & biscuit mixture. No need to check for 1 string consistency. Also add 1 tbsp. ghee as well.
- Keep stirring the mixture continuously till mixture thickens and starts to come together and starts leaving the sides of pan. It takes around 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the mixture on a butter paper and let it rest for 3-4 minutes till it becomes manageable to knead.
- Knead the dough for 3-4 minutes till it becomes a smooth ball. If the mixture sticks to your hand, grease the hands with some ghee.
- Take another butter paper on top of the dough and roll it to a thickness of 1/4 inch.
- Let it cool down and then cut it in diamond shape using a sharp knife.
- Serve immediately or store it in a air tight container.
- Sieve the kaju & biscuit mixture before adding to sugar to get a smooth kaju katli. I did not sieved it and hence in the pictures, you can see small kaju particles.
- No need to check for string consistency.
- Knead the dough when it’s warm. If it cools down, then it becomes hard to knead and roll.
- Other sweet recipes – http://www.gbnrecipes.com/category/dessert/
- Pan used in this recipe – https://amzn.to/2Ev4k8p
- GBNrecipes.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.