Pizza Sauce – Follow the below steps to prepare pizza sauce. There are many variations of pizza sauce available in the market, but his homemade pizza sauce tastes same like the store bought & can be made at low cost. So its cost effective as well as tasty.
Let me know how the pizza sauce turned out for you in comments section.
Do share the recipe if you like it.
Details about pizza sauce
- Servings – 5/6 small pizza
- Cuisine – Italian
- Course – Main
- Time to cook – 20 minutes
Ingredients for pizza sauce
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. ginger finely chopped
- 4 medium sized tomato paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. black pepper powder
- 1 tsp. red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
Steps to prepare pizza sauce
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a frying pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add 1 finely chopped onion & 3 tbsp. finely chopped garlic to it.
- Let the onions fry in the oil for 6-7 minutes or till they become translucent.
- Later, add paste of 4 tomatoes to the pan.
- Also add 1 tsp. black pepper powder, 1 tsp. oregano, 1 tsp. red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp. sugar & salt as required.
- Stir everything very well.
- Cover the pan with the lid & let it cook on low flame for 12-15 minutes.
- Keep stirring the mixture in between to prevent the sauce from sticking to the pan.
- After 12-15 minutes, check the consistency of the sauce.
- Let it cook for few more minutes, if the mixture is not of the sauce consistency.
- Switch off the flame & let it cook down completely.
- Store the pizza in the air tight container in refrigerator for 1-2 weeks or use it the same day.
- Use ripe tomatoes for preparing the sauce
- You can adjust sugar as per the tartness of the tomatoes. User more or less sugar to balance out the tartness of tomatoes.
- Use can also add basil leaves in the sauce.