Simple Tomato soup recipe – This recipe is a simple soup recipe which does not involve lot of ingredients. This recipe requires very little time to prepare and does not involve much of the expertise. Ingredients used are found in everyone’s kitchen, so there is low chance that you have to shop for the ingredients.
The preparation involves blanching of tomatoes, which helps to quickly remove the skin off the tomatoes. You can check how to blanch the tomatoes here. Blanching of tomatoes can be used in preparation of different types of soups or sauces, which I will be sharing. Same blanching method can be used to blanch vegetables too.
Let me know how your tomato soup turns out by commenting on the recipe.
Do share if you like the recipe.
Details about simple tomato soup
- Serving – 5-6 people
- Cuisine – Global
- Course – Starter
- Time to cook – 30 minutes
Ingredients for simple tomato soup
- 6 medium sized tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp. jaggery
- 1/2 tsp. red chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp. cream
- Coriander for garnish
- 3/4 cup water
Steps to prepare simple tomato soup
- Blanch the tomatoes (check how to blanch the tomatoes here)
- Once the tomatoes are blanched & peeled, put them in a grinder to make smooth pulp.
- Heat the prepared tomato pulp in a saucepan and add salt, 2 tsp. jaggery and 1/2 tsp. red chili powder, 1 tsp. oregano, 1/4 tsp. black pepper powder.
- Add water to get the desired consistency. I have added 3/4 cup water.
- Switch off the flame and add 1 tbsp. cream and mix well.
- Garnish it with some finely chopped coriander.
- You can add 1 tsp. butter instead of cream at the end.
- Add any dry herbs as per your taste.
- You can also add bread croutons as a garnish.