Stir Fried Chicken Maggi – Follow the below steps to prepare stir fried chicken maggi. Normally, a simple maggi takes 5-10 minutes to make in spite of company claiming it as 2 minute maggi, this variation tales extra time, but it is totally worth it. This maggi contains chicken which is fried along-with garlic & onion giving it a special flavor.
Other noodle recipes –
Let me know how stir fried chicken maggi turned out for you in comments section.
Details about Stir Fried Chicken Maggi
- Serving – 2 people
- Cuisine – Indian
- Course – Snacks
- Time to cook – 30 minutes
Ingredients for stir fried chicken maggi
- 2 packets maggi noodles
- 1/2 cup chopped capsicum
- 2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 150 grams boneless chicken
- 2 tbsp. and 1 tsp. oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 green chilies finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp. finely chopped ginger
- 3/4 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper powder
- 1 tsp. soya sauce
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar or plain vinegar
- 2 packets maggi masala
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock or chicken stock or water
- 1 tsp. cornstarch in 1 tbsp. water (optional)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. spring onion for garnish
Steps to prepare stir fried chicken maggi
- Heat 3 cups of water in a saucepan.
- When the water comes to boil, drop in 2 packets of boiled maggi and cook them till they are almost done.
- Drain the water from the noodles & mix 1 tsp. oil in them and mix them properly. Set aside.
- In the same pan, heat 2 tbsp. oil on a low flame.
- Once the oil is hot, drop in 2 tbsp. finely chopped garlic, 1 tsp finely chopped ginger & 2-3 finely chopped green chilies..
- Fry them for a minute, till the raw aroma goes off.
- Add 100 – 150 grams boneless chicken and fry them till they are cook.
- The color of the chicken changes to somewhat white.
- At this time add, 1/2 cup finely chopped onions & 1/2 cup chopped capsicum.
- Fry for 1-2 minutes & then add 1/2 tsp. sugar, 1/2 tsp. black pepper powder, 1 tbsp. soya sauce, 1 tbsp. vinegar & 2 packets of maggi masala powder.
- Mix everything properly for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the prepared noodles to the mixture. Along with it add 1/2 cup of vegetable stock or chicken stock or water. Also add 1 tsp. cornstarch mixed in 1 tbsp. water, which is optional.
- Cook the noodles in the sauce for 2-3 minutes, mixing everything well.
- Before serving add 1tbsp. lemon juice & garnish it with 2 tbsp. finely chopped spring onion.
- Serve immediately when hot.
- Addition of green chilies is optional.
- Cornstarch is used to thicken up the sauce. Alternatively, you can raise the heat on the pan for stock to evaporate.