Follow the below steps to prepare tamarind chutney which is used in preparation of various chaat recipes
Other recipes you can try –
Let me know how tamarind chutney turned out for you in comments section.
Do share the recipe if you like it.
Details about tamarind chutney
- Serving – 1 cup
- Cuisine – Side
- Course – Snacks
- Time to cook – 30 minutes
Ingredients required for tamarind chutney
- 1 cup tamarind
- 1/2 cup jaggery
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp. red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. black salt
- 1/4 tsp. cumin powder
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp. dry ginger powder (saunth)
Steps to prepare tamarind chutney
- In a large pan, add 1 cup tamarind to 2 1/2 cup water and keep it aside for an hour or so.
- After an hour, boil the water and tamarind mixture for about 5-7 minutes, till the tamarind become soft.
- Now add salt, 1/2 tsp. red chilli powder, 1/4 tsp. black salt, 1/4 tsp. cumin powder, 1/2 tsp. coriander powder & 1/2 tsp. dry ginger powder.
- Mix and boil for more 5-7 minutes till tamarind is soft & mushy. Adjust the water consistency. If it’s more thick, boil for few more minutes.
- Cool the mixture down completely.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and blend it to form smooth paste.
- Strain the paste through a strainer and transfer it to air tight container.
- Use this chutney in chaat preparations.
- Store it in an air tight container in refrigerator for 15-20 days.