Veg Nachos – Follow the below steps to prepare veg nachos
Let me know how these nachos turned out for you. Do share the recipe if you like it.
- Serving – 3 people
- Cuisine – Mexican
- Time to make – 30 minutes
- 1 packet Dorito Nachos chips – 140 grams pack (Link for buying – https://amzn.to/3jvj46A )
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped capsicum
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup kidney beans
- 1/4 cup sweet corn
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- Salt to taste
- Chili flakes to taste
- Oregano to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup + 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degree celsius of 10-15 minutes.
- Combine tomatoes, onion, capsicum, sweet corn and kidney beans in a bowl along with salt, oregano and chili flakes.
- Do a taste test and adjust the seasonings accordingly.
- Keep it aside.
Nachos Cheese sauce
- In a small saucepan, add 1 tbsp butter. Heat it on low flame till it’s melted & bubbly.
- Add 1 tbsp all purpose flour and whisk it continuously till there are no lumps. After a minute, add 1 cup milk and let it come to a simmer. Turn off the flame.
- Add 3/4 cup grated cheese and whisk it in the hot milk till all the cheese is melted and it resembles a sauce texture.
- Keep it aside.
- On a baking tray, layout parchment paper, so that the tray will be easier to clean later. Place the nacho chips on to the paper in a single layer, completely covering the paper.
- With a spoon, add the vegetable mixture on the chips. After vegetable, drizzle the prepared cheese sauce all over.
- Finally, add the grated cheese. You can add chili flakes & oregano too over the grated cheese.
- Place this baking tray in a preheated oven at 180 degree celsius for 5-10 minutes or till the cheese is melted.
- You can add a pinch of red chili powder to cheese sauce.
- Schezwan sauce/chutney can be mixed in the vegetable to get spicy flavors.
- Serve hot as chips tend to get soggy after some time.
- Snack recipes you can try http://www.gbnrecipes.com/category/snacks/
- Sauce pan used in this recipe – https://amzn.to/34JKa5H
- Oven used in this recipe – https://amzn.to/32UsQZl
- GBNrecipes.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.