White Pasta – Follow the below steps to prepare white pasta. This is a creamy white sauce pasta which is prepared in 5-10 minutes. The sauce required for this recipe requires only few ingredients. You can add any vegetables like green, red, yellow capsicum, carrots, broccoli etc. For more creamy sauce, you can add more cheese or add grated cheese while serving.
Do share the recipe, if you like it.
Details about white pasta
- Serving – 2/3 people
- Cuisine – Italian
- Course – Main
- Time to cook – 20 minutes
Ingredients for white pasta
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp maida
- 500 ml milk
- 120 gram grated cheese
- 2 tsp. mixed herbs
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- 3 cup dry pasta
- 2 tsp. oil
- Salt to taste
- Water to boil pasta
Steps to prepare white pasta
- Bring water to a boil in a big pot with some salt & 1 tsp.oil.
- Once the water starts to boil, add 3 cups of uncooked pasta into the boiling water.
- Let the pasta cook for around 7-8 minutes & check whether the pasta is almost cooked.
- Pasta should be almost cooked (al-dente). Rest of the cooking will happen when we mix the pasta with sauce.
- Once almost cooked, drain the pasta through colander to remove water & add 1 tsp. oil to pasta and mix very well. This avoids pasta from sticking to each other.
- Keep the cooked pasta aside & let us start preparing the sauce.
- In a saucepan, add 4 tbsp. butter. Make sure the saucepan is in low medium flame.
- Once the butter is melted, add 4 tbsp. all purpose flour to it.
- Mix them very well, so that there are no lumps.
- Keep stirring for around 2-3 minutes, till the raw aroma of uncooked all purpose flour goes off. You have to whisk the mixture continuously to avoid lump formation. It should form a smooth paste.
- Add 1/3 milk and continue stirring making sue no lumps are present.
- Go on adding 1/3 milk at a time and continue whisking.
- Once the entire milk is added & whisked properly, add 120 grams of grated cheese & mix continuously until entire cheese melts & forms a thick sauce.
- Add 2 tsp. mixed herbs, 1 tsp. chili flakes and salt to taste.
- Add the cooked pasta into sauce & mix well.
- Cook the pasta for 2-3 minutes. Adjust any spices, if required.
- Adjust the spices according to your taste.
- Add more cheese if you prefer more cheesy flavor.
- Serve the pasta immediately, as pasta sauce turns thick & cold and it does not tastes good.
- If having pasta next day, add some milk & cheese to pasta mixture, to make sauce to a thinner consistency.